“This book is a killer read for anyone who hopes to triumphantly succeed and not just survive.”
- Peter Guber, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller, Tell to Win
“Phil McKinney is an innovation expert...
- Geoffrey Moore, author of Crossing the Chasm and Escape Velocity
Beyond The Obvious: Killer Questions That Spark Game-Changing Innovation
Generating and executing great ideas is the key to staying ahead in a rapidly changing world. It seems so basic. Why is it so hard to actually get right? According to innovation expert Phil McKinney, the real problem is that we’re teaching people to ask the wrong questions about their businesses—or none at all. There has to be a better way.
In Beyond the Obvious, McKinney will help you use his proven FIRE (Focus, Ideation, Rank, Execution) Method to dig deeper and get back to asking the right questions—the ones all companies must ask to survive. Full of real-world examples, this book will change the way you operate, innovate, and create, and it all begins with battle-tested questions Phil has gathered on note cards throughout his career. Shared for the first time here, these “Killer Questions” include:
• What are the rules and assumptions my industry operates under? What if the opposite were true?
• What will be the buying criteria used by my customer in 5 years?
• What are my unshakable beliefs about what my customers want?
• Who uses my product in ways I never anticipated?
At once prescriptive and deeply challenging, these questions will reframe the way you see your products, your customers, and the way the two interact. Whether you’re a company of thousands or a lean startup, Beyond the Obvious will give you the skills and easy-to-follow plan you need to make both the revolutionary changes and nuanced tweaks required for success.