At Forbes.com, Clayton Christensen authored an article that gives his perspective on what an organization needs to be doing to consider themselves as “innovating”. The questions that Clayton posed were:
1. Do I have a balanced portfolio with different types of growth stratagies?
2. Have I allocated resouces to achieve a balanced innovation portfolio?
3. Do I have a distinct screening and shaping process for different types of opportunities?
Some questions that I think Clayton is missing in his list are:
4. Do I have a regular process to measure innovation as a new corporate success criteria?
5. Do I included innovation as a skill criteria for new hires?
6. Have I established a skills training program for creativity and innovation?