Many of you have probably noticed that I've been inconsistent on postings to the blog and the release of podcasts. There has been a good reason ….
On 5 September, we released an innovation that we've been working on for 18 months .. 18 all consuming months since I was also doing my normal “day job”. Some of the lessons learned through the process …
- Put together the best possible team.
- Protect the team at all cost. Even if it puts your own status and position at risk.
- Under fund and under resource the project. Use the lack of resources to force the team to look to alternatives solutions.
- Give the team permission to operate “off the reservation”
- Keep the team focused on the BHG (big harry goal!!) and on an enemy.
I normally don't use the blog to publicize my job but felt that you might be interested in seeing the results of a killer team that is focused on delivering innovations that matter.